TEFCE | Towards a European Framework for Community Engagement in Higher Education✎
Community engagement refers to the development of relationships by higher education institutions with stakeholders in their local or regional communities in order to address societal needs, in a way that is mutually beneficial.
The objective of the TEFCE project is to develop innovative and feasible policy tools at the university and European level for supporting, monitoring and assessing the community engagement of higher education institutions.
- Policy brief: A European Framework for Community Engagement in Higher Education: Why and How?
- Mapping and Critical Synthesis of Current State-of-the-Art on Community Engagement in Higher Education (2018)
Upcoming project publications:
- Toolbox for the community engagement of higher education institutions - Expected publication date: March 2019
- Piloting the community engagement toolbox at universities and their local communities - Expected publication date: January 2020
- Assessing the feasibility of developing policy tools for community engagement at the European level - Expected publication date: June 2020
- Technische Universitat Dresden, Germany
- Institute for the Development of Education, IDE Croatia
- University of Twente, Netherlands
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Ghent University, Belgium
- City of Dresden, Germany
- Knowlegde Point Twente, Region of Twente, Netherlands
- City of Dublin, Ireland
- City of Rijeka, Croatia
- Catalan Association of Public Universities, Spain
- PPMI Group, Lithuania
- The European Consortium of Innovative Universities, Netherlands