GENDERACTION - GENDer equality in the ERA Community To Innovate policy implementatiON. Coordination and Support Action✎
WORKING TOGETHER TO HARNESS NATIONAL EFFORTS AND ADVANCE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GENDER EQUALITY POLICIES IN RESEARCH AND INNOVATION IN EUROPE
GENDERACTION is an innovative policy community for the implementation of the gender priority in the European Research Area. It brings together national representatives from EU Member States (MS) and Associated Countries (AC) to foster policy coordination, best practice exchange and mutual learning.
We aim to address gender imbalances in R&I and advance the implementation of the gender priority in the European Research Area, by translating national equality legislation into effective action.
GENDERACTION will support MS and AC by providing networking opportunities for relevant national authorities with the task of pushing for implementation of ERA priority 4. Project activities will take place in cooperation with and in support of the Standing Working Group on Gender Equality in Research and Innovation of the European Research Area and Innovation Committee (ERAC) formerly known as the Helsinki Group on Gender in Research and Innovation.
The project will facilitate the co-creation of knowledge and strategies which will serve as practical tools to implement gender equality in R&I at national level and provide policy advice for impact at EU level.
- Map and analyse Members States’ progress towards implementation of gender equality in R&I through national ERA action plans and strategies
- Provide training events to build consistent and professional capacity in gender equality in R&I among responsible national representatives and Horizon 2020 NCPs
- Provide mutual learning opportunities to maximize existing experience among policy makers and other relevant stakeholders
- Prepare policy briefs on advancing gender equality in the ERA
- Build new collaborations to advance gender equality in international cooperation in science, technology and innovation
Policy Brief Series on Horizon Europe, to bring the key gender issues to the ongoing negotiations.
(The intention is to release one GENDERACTION policy brief on Horizon Europe per week in the upcoming months / Starting in June 2018)
- Briefing paper n.1. Gender in Horizon Europe an unfinished business (21 June 2018)
- Briefing paper n.2. Gender as a global challenge and key driver for innovation (25 June 2018)
- Briefing paper n.3. The economic model envisioned by Horizon Europe. A gender perspective to natural resources and industry (28 June 2018)
- Briefing paper n.4. Gender for Horizon Europe. Research & Innovation Missions (5 July 2018)
- Briefing paper n.5. Gender in open science & open innovation (10 July 2018).
- Briefing paper n.6. Gender-responsive international cooperation for Horizon Europe (17 July 2018)
- Briefing paper n.7. Strenghtening gender in the ERA (23 July 2018). GENDERACTION Policy Brief Series on Horizon Europe
- Institute of Sociology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
- Institute of Advanced Studies
- Research Promotion Foundation
- DLR Project Management Agency, EU-Bureau of the BMBF “Contact Point Women into EU Research”
- The National Documentation Centre, National Hellenic Research Foundation
- Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, State Secretariat for Research, Development and Innovation
- Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology
- University of Luxembourg
- The Malta Council for Science and Technology, Ministry For Education and Employment
- Ministry of Education, Science and Sport
- Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica
- Europrojekt Centar
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey
- University of Malta
- EWI – The Department of Economy, Science and of the Flemish Authorities
- FWB- Directorate General for non-compulsory Education and Scientific research
- National Information Processing Institute
- The National Authority for Scientific Research
- Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research
- Ministry for Education and Research
Marcela Linkova, PhD
National Contact Centre for Gender and Science
Institute of Sociology, Academy of Sciences CR
Aportación de la UE: EUR 1 948 400