The development of abilities, such as critical thinking, reflection, self-regulation, and collaboration, are high on the agenda of all schools. By developing these skills in children schools can contribute to mitigating major challenges in society. D-TIPS aims to help teachers achieve that. By designing tools and methods specifically for primary school teachers and providing training we hope to make design thinking activities in your classroom easy and effective.
Design thinking can help you and your students to:
- Feel confident when facing even the most complex issues
- Practice critical thinking and problem solving
- Enrich the learning experience with creativity and collaboration
- Show the importance of empathy, caring and understanding when trying to find the best solution
- Visualize concepts and bring them to life with learning by doing
- Have an opportunity to continuously improve
D-TIPS results will consist of:
- Identification of good practices, tools, gaps and needs for design thinking in primary schools
- Training content
- D-TIPS tools (digital and analog)
- D-TIPS online platform (social and learning community)
- Teaching Symposiums (Spain, Lithuania, Belgium and Romania)
- Survey for primary school teachers
- Need inspiration?. These sources on Design Thinking will give you plenty of ideas!. D-TIPS is currently conducting research into how educational stakeholders across the world are using the design thinking process to innovate in education, and has compiled a collection of articles, research and other inspiring projects.
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- Strategic Design Scenarios, Belgium.
- Newschool, Norway
- Knowledge Economy Forum, Lithuania
- Teach The Future
- Lab 110 bis, France
- Teach for Romania, Romania